Friday, October 9, 2009

Satan vs. the Lord

Our orientation was over on Sept. 24th. It was a long but great 2 months and the Lord revealed many things to me during that time. I had also been dealing with spiritual warfare in the form of dreams. Sometimes that can be the scariest place because you can’t control what happens when you sleep. All I could do was pray even harder and give my thoughts, mind and my dreams to the Lord all the time. I was scheduled to fly out of Richmond on Sat. Sept. 28th. Between the time orientation was over and I was to leave straight for Africa I had time to spend with my family and a dear friend of mine. This was also time to pack. It was a time for being excited for heading off to another country for a great adventure in serving the Lord. My family left on Friday and about 15 minutes after they left I received a text message that a good friend of mine’s brother had passed away. I was also having a hard time making everything fit in to the amount of luggage I had. I was beginning to really stress out. I was also becoming kind of nervous about leaving. Saturday morning I got up to start packing again. I had made a lot of progress the night before and felt like the job could be done. But I was still having issues with making everything fit and the zipper on one of the suitcases was about to bust and I wasn’t sure if it would survive the trip to Uganda. I had a question for the airline about luggage allowances, so I called. Come to find out I was on a different airline carrier for my first flight and my flight was 20 minutes earlier than what I was told. I was really stressing. And by the way, how am I going to get 4 checked bags and 2 carry ons through the airports when I land. And what if I had to get them and re- check them when I got to Chicago because of being on a different airline? I was really nervous. Well the taxi driver came to pick me up early. Thank goodness because when I got to the airport I had to shuffle stuff around a lot because of the weight of my bags. And I also ended checking a 5th item which ended up being a big box. During that time, the Lord put people in my path to help encourage me. There was the lady back at my quad who was cleaning and getting it ready for the next group to come in, some others I went though FPO with, a man and his 2 daughters at the airport who when they found out I was a missionary prayed for me and the list goes on and on. God is so good and faithful to take care of his children. He never leaves nor forsakes us. He calmed all my fears and made everything work out. I didn’t have to re-claim my baggage in Chicago and the airport in Entebbe was pretty empty so I didn’t have to worry too much about watching my luggage as I was trying to get everything off the carousel. Carts were close by and I didn’t have too far to go before I was greeted by my supervisor’s wife. I had no issues at all getting my tourist visa. God is good!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment