Saturday, November 27, 2010

How many countries??

Throughout my life I have done some travelling and gone to a few countries. Before I came to the field, I had only been to Mexico and Namibia. Since I arrived on the field, I’ve also had the opportunity to travel to many different countries as well. So I decided to think through all the travel and see just how many countries I have now been to in my life. So, on my way here I had a 12 hour layover in London (but I won’t count that since I never left the airport). I landed in Uganda on Sept. 28, 2009. Then in October 2009 I went to Zambia for our one month training. I came back to Uganda for a couple of months, and then was off to Kenya for a home school conference in January (2010). In June (2010) we went to Jinga for our prayer retreat (before the start of the retreat, some of us from Uganda, Rwanda and Sudan went white water rafting). But after the retreat I went on vacation to Tanzania and Zanzibar (though Zanzibar is technically part of Tanzania, but you still have to fly to get out to the island). In August (2010), I had to return to Kenya for medical time. On my way down to the International airport, we had to go to Sudan first to drop cargo. Coming up in January (2011) I am really excited that I will be going to Egypt on vacation. I will also be going back to Kenya right after vacation for home school conference as well as going back for a meeting in April (2011). In May, I will be going back to America for my best friend Heather’s wedding. I might stop in Europe on my way home for good (not sure where yet) in late July/ early August. So it looks like so far the count is now up to 8 about to be 9. (Unless you count the time that I crossed in to DR Congo for all of 2 minutes, because the road we were travelling on is actually the border between Uganda and Congo. So I got out on the Congo side so I could say I was in DR Congo).

No comments:

Post a Comment